Hey Bright Side Readers — great event this weekend, right here in Cobb County.
The Georgia Food + Wine Festival is HERE – March 23-26
Spring kicks-off in the Atlanta area with the 2nd Annual Georgia Food + Wine Festival, March 23 – 26, 2023 taking place at Jim R. Miller Park in Marietta. The festival offers several events with hidden values available for guests (including families and adults 21 and over). Festival Co-Founder, Tod Miller said, “It’s going to be a fantastic festival, with so many different events at a variety of price points. Most events are for adults 21 and over, with Sunday/Funday created to be totally family friendly, with a free Kids Zone with inflatables and family activities. The Georgia Food + Wine Festival is presented by Georgia Grown.
FIRED UP – ALL INCLUSIVE TICKET – FRIDAY NIGHT
Fired-Up, an ALL-INCLUSIVE TICKET, Friday, March 24, 7:30 – 9:30 pm ~ FREE tasting bites and beverages in a souvenir glass, whole hog pickin’ featuring Rodney Scott’s BBQ, and the Meat & Greet event with Chatel Farm and Basil Hayden/Knob Creek.
Savor, Saturday, March 25, 1 – 4 pm, 20+ restaurants and artisan booths. Over 400 varieties of wine, beer, & spirits tastings with a souvenir tasting glass, Please note time of event. All Saturday and Sunday TICKETS include $10 in FREE Tasting Tokens
“Georgia Celebrity Chef Stage”, on Saturday FREE tasting samples for the first 50 people in each session, cooking demos: Saturday – Chef Henry Chandler, Jernard Wells, and the Publix Aprons Cooking School;
Multiple Georgia Grown Activations ~ Look for several different Georgia Grown activities throughout the festival, including the Georgia Grown Member Village. (I have met several of the Georgia Grown businesses – and have been delighted with each owner.
Cobb Bubbles & Brews Alley, a showcase of Cobb County’s most popular breweries and distilleries at Savor on Saturday, March 25. An opportunity to meet several of our local breweries and wineries.
SUNDAY IS FUNDAY
Kids 12 & Under are FREE on Sunday/Funday presented by Atlanta News First & Peachtree TV. Adult tickets are only $25. Kids Zone is FREE with inflatables, activities, and the Atlanta Falcons AND the Atlanta Braves.
Live music, over 20 restaurants and food trucks, artisans, Matthew & Tia Raiford will be doing a joint cooking demo. Georgia’s Best Whiskey Cocktail Challenge, and more.
Cash bars available for adults 21 and over. Free attendees do NOT receive free tasting tokens.
TICKETS include $10 in FREE Tasting Tokens (including VIP Lounge tickets).
VIP LOUNGE – presented by Publix.
• VIP Lounge, presented by Publix, Saturday, 12 – 4, and Sunday 12-3. A fully catered experience with a souvenir crystal wine glass, open bars, live music, the Bellissima Beverage Cart serving craft cocktails and Red Hare Brewing Products, private restrooms, early festival access, and VIP Swag bag. VIP ticket includes full access to the Savor general admission area.
TIPS to MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE EASY
Arrive 30 minutes early for events – event pre-check (wristbands, ID check, receive glassware, etc.)
• Buy extra tokens early (avoid waiting in line later in the day). Stations will be located in multiple locations at the event to purchase more food tokens.
• Thousands of Free Parking spaces; no pets allowed.
• Individuals must present ID before entering on Saturday and Sunday.
• Stay Hydrated – water and soft drinks are FREE at Friday and Saturday events.
VISIT WWW.georgiafoodandwinefestival.com FOR more information.