Published June 26, 2018
2018 Star-Spangled Spectacular
at Fifth Third Bank Stadium
Saturday, June 30 | 5 – 10 PM
More Info at StarSpangledKSU.com
View Event on Facebook
Kick off your Independence Day celebration this Saturday, June 30 at Kennesaw State University’s annual Star-Spangled Spectacular! This year’s event will be held at a new venue location: Fifth Third Bank Stadium at Kennesaw State University’s Sports + Entertainment Park. This free, annual event features a patriotic concert with performances by the KSU Big Band and KSU Summer Orchestra followed by a spectacular fireworks finale. Beginning at 5 p.m., the Family Fun Festival will feature pre-concert activities including free games and inflatables, face painting, and balloon artists for kids plus exhibitors from the KSU community and beyond, food vendors, and more.
Plan Your Visit -Helpful Event Information
1. This event is FREE and non-ticketed.
Admission to Fifth Third Bank Stadium for this event is FREE of charge and open to all members of the public and our community. No tickets are required. Free seating is available on the stadium field and in the west stands facing the concert stage. Fifth Third Bank Stadium at Kennesaw State University, 3200 George Busbee Parkway NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
2. No outside food or beverages are permitted inside the stadium.
Guests may picnic or tailgate prior to entering the stadium. Per the university and stadium tailgating policy, guests may picnic outside the stadium prior to entering the event. A variety of concession options will be available for purchase inside the stadium including burgers, hotdogs, chicken sandwiches, popcorn, snacks, and other assorted specialty items as well as a selection of beer, wine, and soft drinks. The following family food packages will be available:
• 4 hot dogs, 4 chips, and 4 small drinks – $20 (regularly $33)
• 4 burgers, 4 chips, and 4 small drinks – $24 (regularly $42)
3. FREE and premium event parking are available.
FREE event parking is available adjacent to the stadium in the Black, Tan, Green, and Grey parking lots. Guests who wish to park as close to the stadium as possible may purchase a premium parking pass for $10 per vehicle to park in the Gold Lot located directly across Busbee Parkway from the stadium.
Premium Parking Location
• Gold Lot: 3227 Busbee Dr. NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144 Purchase Gold Lot Parking Pass
Free Parking Locations
• Black Lot: 625 Big Shanty Rd. NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
• Tan Lot: 3305 Busbee Dr. NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
• Green Lot: 3305 Busbee Dr. NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
• Grey Lot: 3333 Busbee Dr. NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
4. The following items are NOT permitted inside the stadium:
• Outside food and beverages • Coolers • Oversized bags larger than 12”x12”x12” in size • High-backed chairs that obstruct the view of other guests • Large golf umbrellas or other oversized umbrellas • Sparklers, fireworks, candles, or open flames • Oversized banners, flags, or decorations that obstruct the view of other guests • Dogs and other pets except for service animals
5. The following items ARE permitted inside the stadium:
• Picnic blankets for on-field seating • Bags smaller than 12”x12”x12” in size • Strollers • Chairs that do not obstruct the view of other guests • Small, personal umbrellas • Small flags and other patriotic decorations
6. What happens if it rains on the day of the event?
If the event cannot be held on the originally scheduled date (Saturday, June 30) due to inclement weather, the event will be postponed to the following day: Sunday, July 1. In the event of a postponement, updates will be posted on StarSpangledKSU.com, the main KSU website, and social media platforms for KSU and participating university departments.