Small business relief grant applications to reopen on Monday
Cobb County Government has extended its partnership with SelectCobb to offer a second round of applications for small business relief grants. Eligible businesses can apply to receive up to $20,000 to $40,000 to use toward personnel, rent, utilities and acquiring PPE. Round two applications opened at 10 a.m, Monday, July 27, on selectcobb.com/grants. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m., Aug. 21.
New for round two:
- Businesses that have received financial assistance from the Payroll Protection Program or Small Business Administration are now eligible for grants.
- Businesses can include both W-2 and 1099 employees toward their total number of employees.
Small businesses must meet the following requirements:
- Business must be an existing for-profit corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship
- Business headquarters or primary location must be within Cobb County
- Business must have 100 or fewer full-time, W-2 employees and/or individual 1099 contractors that function like employees, i.e., employees or contractors working at least 30 hours per week or 130 hours per month
- Business must have been in continuous operation for a minimum of one year prior to March 13, 2020
- Business must have a current business license issued by Cobb County Government, City of Acworth, City of Austell, City of Kennesaw, City of Marietta, City of Powder Springs or City of Smyrna
- Business must be current on all local taxes
- Business may be home-based or located in an owned or leased commercial space
- Business must certify if it has received PPP/SBA funds and the amount in which it received as of time of application submittal
- Business cannot be a publicly-traded company
- Ineligible businesses include: Gambling institutions, multi-level marketing organizations, real estate investment firms and adult entertainment
For a full list of eligibility requirements and more information about the SelectCobb Small Business Relief Grants, visit selectcobb.com/grants.